|Pewsey Road c1890's? Click for more info|
Here we have a photograph of Pewsey Road, Rushall.
One can see how much change the village has gone through over the years from this one photograph. Every property in the photograph has been demolished and replaced!
The single story building with the stable door is the Old Blacksmiths Shop.
The large house in the centre of the picture is a mystery! It is obviously a substantial building but must have been demolished for some reason in the late 1800's or early 1900's when it became allotments.
At an angle to the left to the large house is believed to be Thatchers Cottage.
In the far distance of the left of the picture can be seen the roof of another large thatched building. We believe this to be "Bridge House" which stood on the site of Avon Villa beside the river.
We do not know who the bearded old man is but would be delighted to find out.
Close this window